Did you long ago learn to fear and dread stretching because ofoverbearing P.E. teachers who forced you to touch your toes? Itdoesn't have to be that way anymore. Stretching is a powerful toolthat can bring you new ease of movement, an increase in yourphysical capabilities, and deep composure that requires you to donothing more than breathe. You can always have access toit—and best of all, it's free!
Stretching for Dummies shows you that stretching isactually easy to do—and reveals how you can reap the amazingbenefits of stretching anywhere, anytime. It explains in simpleterms how you can stand taller, look thinner, keep stress fromgetting the best of you, keep your muscles from feeling achy, andnip injuries in the bud. You'll discover:
- The why’s, where’s, when’s, and how’sof letting loose and snapping back
- How to keep from hurting yourself
- The benefits of stretching with a partner
- How to target specific areas: such as head, shoulders, knees,and toes
- The art of breathing correctly
- How to use stretching to sooth lower back pain
- Stretches to start and end your day right
- Stretches you can do at your desk
- Stretches for various stages of life—including stretchesfor kids and seniors
This easy-to-use reference also includes a list of tensurprising around-the house stretching accessories, along with tencommon aches and pain that stretching can help. Regardless of howold or young you are, Stretching for Dummies will introduceyou to a kinder and gentler form of flexibility that will reducethat nagging tension and tenderness in your muscles and truly makeyou feel good all over.